Without a doubt, the easiest and most fun way to come up with a band name is to use our Random Band Name Generator. If you have the time, let your band's music and style evolve before committing to a name. If the band members can come up with a favorite word, plug it into our generator and you will get randomly generated names using that word. Below are more tips and advice for naming your band...
- Remember the goal of your band should be to have fun, write, perform and ultimately bring people together with your music. Naming your band should not cause stress.
- Don't be afraid to change your name. You can perform under a "temporary band name." Many famous bands started out as one name and rose to prominence after changing to another.
- You don't have to name your band directly after the type of music you play, but the name shouldn't work against your style either.
- Brainstorm. Have each band member write down five words that describe the feeling, mood, or style of your band's music. You might find that two of these words joined together make a perfect band name.
- Ask people outside of your band for ideas.
- Narrow your list of possible names and ask friends and family to vote for their favorite. Pay special attention to the votes by people who have heard your band's music.
- Have a band-naming contest at a concert where you ask for submissions from the crowd.
- Go to a record store and look at other band names for inspiration.
- Consider converting a song title to your band name. Instrumental band names are the most up for grabs in this department.
If you have any advice for naming your band, leave a comment below.